(1)Mufti Sahab my question is regarding kasar namaz

This post has 907 views.

Ref no: 0131#

Date: Tuesday, May 17, 2011





(1)Mufti Sahab my question is regarding kasar namaz



(1)Mufti Sahab my question is regarding kasar namaz,considering if a female is married and after her marriage she come back to her parents house for some days to stay with them and the distance between her husband house and parents house is around 350 kms so will she be praying kasar namaz for full farz and what should be duration of stay,

(2.)and if a female is living with her husband in his house and her inlaws house is ata distance of 350 kms where she goes for vacation then she will have to pray kasar or farz over there.


Muhtaram / Muhtaramah

In the Name of Allāh, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāh wa-barakātuh.


If a woman is married and has permanently moved in to stay with her husband, then the house of her husband will be considered as her ‘al-watn al-asli’.

If her parent’s house or her in-law’s house is at a distance of Shar’i safr (78 km) and she did not intend staying for a period of 15 days or more, she will perform qasr for the 4 raka’at salats (Zuhr, ‘Asr, ‘Isha).

Fatawa Mahmudiyya (7/501) Maktaba Faruqiyya

Khayr al-Fatawa (2/669) Maktaba Imdadiyya

Al-Bahr al-Ra’iq ( ) Maktaba Rashidiyya

والوطن الأصلي هو وطن الإنسان في بلدته أو بلدة أخرى اتخذها دارا وتوطن بها مع أهله وولده ، وليس من قصده الارتحال عنها بل التعيش بها وهذا الوطن يبطل بمثله لا غير ، وهو أن يتوطن في بلدة أخرى وينقل الأهل إليها فيخرج الأول من أن يكون وطنا أصليا حتى لو دخله مسافرا لا يتم – البحر الرائق

And Allah knows best
Darul Iftaa

Madrasah Inaa’miyyah



· The Sharée ruling herein given is specifically based on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.

· The Darul Ifta bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer. The Darul Ifta being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.

· This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of the Darul Ifta.