I have a problem

This post has 1,126 views.


Salam……..I have a problem and i wish to get help for the imam…ok i got married 4 years ago in pakistan and i am from america. I got married on my parents will  because our family is mashallah very respectful so i went to pakistan .  When i went to pakistan i got married did nikah and after a couple of days in the marriage things were not going right…I didnt want to be near him i didnt i didnt want to have anything to do with him… i couldnt even face him….so i left i came bak to america and for four years i didnt speak to him nor did i write him or any of the kind….so my parents forced me to go back and give him a nother chance so i had to go and wen i went i didnt sayyy a word to him nor did i do anything with him or any of that kind..and i tried my fully best to save it but it didnt ..we lived like complete strangers and i told him that this is not going to work out “”you were my brother you are my brother and you will be my brother for eternal. So now Imam Saab please tell me is this nikah still valid or we have been divorced becasue i dont plan on going back and ever speaking to him again…..So now what should i do Pleaseee helppp me cuz im confused if i am still married or nott……and if i can marry some one in the future or not please i need your help… Thank yOU



Muhtaram / Muhtaramah


In the Name of Allāh, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāh wa-barakātuh.

You did not state what you meant by “…you are my brother…” I did not believe you will marry your own blood brother as you came from a respectable family. Therefore, your nikah is intact. We do not know the reason you do not wish to stay with your husband. We generally advise couples having a troubled marriage to work it out and make it work. That can be achieved by making an intention to do so. If the intention is clear, Allah will put barakah in what flows from that. The marriage will never prosper if you don’t want it to work. Fear Allah as you accepted the nikah in His name and try your level best. Address issues that are of concern to you and if you have appropriate people assisting you to make it work, it will work.


And Allah knows best


Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In’aamiyyah

  • The Sharée ruling herein given is specifically based on the question posed and should be read in conjunction with the question.
  • The Darul Ifta bears no responsibility to any party who may or may not act on this answer. The Darul Ifta being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused.
  • This answer may not be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent of the Darul Ifta.